We Are Hiring
Central Reprocessing Supervisor - Surgical Services Admin 001 - Full-Time Rotating 40 Hours Weekly - Borgess Medical Center - Kalamazoo, MI
Rotates as required.
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region s largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Borgess Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to supervise the daily activities of the central sterile staff.
- Oversees decontamination, assembly and sterilization of surgical instruments using hospital policies and Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) standards.
- Oversees and completes preparation of all case carts as required by following national inventory standards. May include restocking, pulling, managing inventory and verifying accuracy of individual case items.
- Determines, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments and staffing levels.
- Provides leadership, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to assigned staff. Conducts performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Knowledge of medical technology at a level normally acquired through completion of Certified Sterile Processing Class or Surgical Technician School.
- Must be experienced in the use, organization, care and cleaning of routine and specialized instrumentation as well as possess detailed working knowledge of Reprocessing standards or practice as recommend by AAMI and AORN.
- Orders new and replacement instrumentation/equipment/implants, along with coordinating the replacement of broken equipment/instruments/implants.
- Adhere to the organization's Corporate Compliance program; adherence, includes but is not limited to, attendance at mandatory Corporate Compliance in-services, carrying out position responsibilities consistent with program guidelines, and reporting any violation of Corporate Compliance.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certificate - Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technician school program preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of Reprocessing supervisory experience and/or lead tech exp preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of three (3) years direct surgical technician experience in the surgical suite.
- Experience with staff scheduling and time and attendance preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.