Responsible for technical operations of a laboratory section including test development, quality control, preventive maintenance, inventory, troubleshooting and work flow. Perform the duties of a Medical Technologist throughout the Laboratory.
MT (ASCP) Bachelors Degree. Five years experience in laboratory.
POPULATIONS SERVED COMPETENCIES, INCLUDING AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
__Neonatal (birth-1 mo) __Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
__Infant (1 mo-1 yr) __Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
__ Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) __ Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
__Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) __Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
__Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) __All ages (birth & above)
X No direct clinical contact with patients
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
2. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3. Promotes personal and patient safety.
4. Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
5. Oversees section operations. Has primary responsibility for technical operations and direct day-to-day work flow.
6. Ensures compliance with section standards for regulatory and accrediting agencies.
7. Tests, develops, and implements new laboratory procedures. Maintain and update procedure manuals.
8. Assesses technical performance of personnel, verify satisfactory orientation of new employees, and provide guidance and coaching to employees in section.
9. Reviews test results and initiate follow-up and consult with physicians.
10. Reviews quality control, proficiency, and maintenance results and resolve identified problems.
11. Ensures adequate inventory of re-agents and supplies.
12. Complies with and fulfills all the requirements of the Medical Technologist job description.
13. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.